There is a growing interest from the business community in putting something back. Trees for Streets is a national initiative with a very local impact that can support businesses investing in neighbourhood street greening – from one tree to an entire street.
A GREENER EASTEND
We work with businesses large and small. One such environmentally aware outfit is established East London architecture firm, E2 Architecture + Interiors Ltd. They wanted to sponsor a new street tree to improve their local area.
Situated off one of the busiest roads in East London, E2 Architecture recognised the lack of greenery in their immediate surroundings. It was obvious that trees would enhance the area – creating a more welcoming setting for the local community, whilst also benefiting their staff.
A LITTLE CHANGE, A BIG IMPACT…
With sustainability a core value of their design work, sponsoring a tree to help green their neighbourhood was a no-brainer.
“As a local business we care about the environment and street scene. This was an ideal opportunity to contribute to improving both. Sponsoring a tree is an easy way to have an immediate impact.”
Sam, Director E2 Architecture + Interiors
Located in a challenging, hard urban landscape, the sponsored birch tree by their local café has become a symbol of joy for E2 Architecture’s staff. Strolling past it on their way to lunch, they know they made that tree happen.
GREENING OUR STREETS
Trees bring a plethora of benefits to our urban areas:
- Purify the air, reducing pollution levels and creating a healthier environment.
- Their shade provides relief on scorching summer days, making the concrete jungle more comfortable.
- Attract birds and wildlife, adding a touch of nature’s symphony to the bustling cityscape.
- Soften the harsh urban aesthetics, adding beauty and charm to the surroundings.
- Foster a sense of pride and connection among residents, creating a greener and more vibrant community.
INVEST IN YOUR COMMUNITY
If, like E2 Architecture, you want to put something back locally, join us in sponsoring trees in your local community’s streets. Click the yellow button below to find out how you can get involved, or email email@example.com for more details.